Sunday, April 29, 2012

visiting aunt shoop troop

last weekend i got to visit with my best friends in the good 'ol state of ohio.  it was freezing and rainy, but i always have such a strong love for ohio because it's where i met the university of dayton, my future husband, and my lifelong friends.  

my old college roommates (the shoop troop) have this wonderful tradition of turning every major life event for one of us into a creative and special presentation.  having the first baby out of the four of us was no different.  they got me an adorable maternity dress and made me a book of "ghetto rhymes."  (the ghetto was the student neighborhood at udayton so please don't think they made me a book of raps!)  

the book mimicked traditional nursery rhymes with substitutions of dayton, myself, and jay.  it was such an amazing gift and i can't wait to read the traditional versus to peanut while secretly knowing the racy version is on the other page.



 i'm so thankful my roomies helped me pick out a new wardrobe last weekend, we discovered that you could still shop at regular stores, just a few sizes up and more flowy items.  i forgot how much fun it is to get ready to go out at night with girls, they wanted to dress me and get in on my produce by week comparison pictures i've been taking.  

 here it is... week 17! baby is the size of an onion :)

0 comments: